|Source||Andrea Caplan, RD, LDN, CDE|
Baked oatmeal is a great make-ahead breakfast for busy mornings. Enjoy plain or topped with your favorite yogurt, nuts or fresh fruit!
2 cRolled Oats
1 tbaking powder
1⁄4 tnutmeg, ginger or pumpkin pie spice
1⁄4 cRaisins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375˚. Spray an 8x8 baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine the oats, baking powder, salt, and spices.
- In a separate bowl, combine the egg, banana, pumpkin, milk and vanilla. Add the raisins if using.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry. Mix well.
- Pour into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the center is set.
- Allow to cool slightly and cut into 4-6 portions.