|Source||Stephanie Biggs, RD, LDN, CDE|
1 hour, 15 minutes
This Mediterranean inspired dish is a great way to change things up for a meatless meal during the week. It’s a fun, low-carb and gluten-free alternative to traditional pasta!
1Spaghetti squash (medium sized)
1⁄3 cFeta cheese crumbles
1 cnChickpeas (drained and rinsed)
1Green or red bell pepper (chopped)
2 TLemon juice
1 TOlive oil
1 cFresh basil leaves
1⁄4 cPine nuts
1⁄4 cGrated Parmesan Cheese
1⁄2 cOlive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Slice spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. *Pro Tip-To make cutting easier, feel free to toss the spaghetti squash in the microwave a few minutes to soften it.
- Rub a small amount of olive oil on top of the squash and then place halves face down on a lined baking sheet or dish.
- Place in oven and roast for approximately 40 minutes.
- While squash is roasting, prepare chickpea salad and pesto.
- Combine chickpeas with other ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Place pine nuts, basil leaves, garlic cloves, parmesan cheese, oil, and lemon juice in a blender or food processor & combine until smooth.
- Once squash is cooked, remove from oven and transfer to a plate. Top each half with the chickpea salad, pesto, and feta cheese crumbles. Enjoy!