|Source||Stephanie Biggs, RD, LDN, CDE|
Cozy up with a bowl of comfort food you can not only enjoy but feel good about too!
1Head of cauliflower
1Medium white onion (peeled and diced)
5 clvGarlic (peeled and minced)
3 cVegetable stock
2 TOlive oil
1⁄2 cFreshly-grated parmesan cheese
2Sprigs fresh thyme
- Prepare cauliflower by washing, trimming stem, separating core from florets, and cutting into pieces.
- Heat olive oil in a large stockpot. Sauté onion for 5 minutes, then add garlic and sauté 2 minutes.
- Add in chopped cauliflower, vegetable stock, and thyme. Cook until a simmer is reached, then reduce heat to medium-low and cover, allowing to simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Very carefully transfer the soup into a blender (do not fill blender to top with hot soup, do in small batches if needed). Puree soup until smooth.
- Transfer back to pot and stir in milk, grated cheese, and seasoning.
- Serve immediately.